Design Engineer (Surfacing)
Svaya Robotics is seeking a Design Engineer with experience in advanced surfacing and mechanical concept designing. You will work closely with other cross-disciplinary product engineering teams involved in the development of electro-mechanical actuators, innovative mechanisms, embedded sensors, and other functional systems to engineer highly dexterous collaborative robots and human wearable exoskeletons. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in advanced surfacing tools, concept designing and turning them practical, appealing and manufacturable designs.
- Involved in design and development of human-centered robotic systems from concept through detailed design, prototyping and manufacturing support.
- Work on design concepts using advanced surfacing and product forms keeping in view product functional specifications, ergonomics, and usability criteria.
- Develop innovative design approaches to meet tolerances, ingress protection and manufacturability (DFM, DFA).
- Develop fool-proof product assembly and construction techniques for the designs.
Key Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in advanced surfacing and product designing.
- Experience in coming up with workable concept designs.
- Good knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes including injection molding, metal casting, machining, and sheet metal fabrication is desirable.
- Good understand of GD&T
- Proficiency in 3D CAD tools such as CREO, SolidWorks.
- Experience with surfacing and rendering tools such as Rhino, Keyshot, Blender is a plus.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
BE/ BTech in mechanical engineering, industrial design or similar.
If you don't see a position matching your skills or interests, you are still welcome to send us a message (along with your resume) explaining your background and why you are interested in being a part of our team.