Lead Robotic Systems Engineer (Mechanical)
Svaya Robotics is looking for a Mechanical engineer who will be responsible for the design of mechanical equipment needed for integration of a robotic system. The engineer will be leading the Mechanical team from front end for the planning, design and implementation of the Robotic systems.
- Identify and understand overall robotic automation requirements of the customer.
- Identify and study high potential application areas for collaborative robots.
- Lead pre-sales project costing proposal and solution architecture.
- Work with partners and internal teams to design, implement, and commission projects at client sites.
- Coordinate and work with marketing and sales teams to disseminate information about new applications and solutions.
- Liaison with vendor partners for procurement, manufacturing, and assembly
- Jump into situations with few guardrails and make things happen.
Key Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of robotic automation in production environments
- Experience with CAD tools (ex. CREO, SolidWorks etc.)
- Simulation in software tools like RoboDK, Delmia etc. to design robot cell layout and perform throughput analysis etc.
- Ability to design mechanical components and fixtures for robotic automation and integration (ex. grippers, conveyors, range extenders etc.)
- Design of pneumatic circuits based on application.
- Experience in PLC programming is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in programming with Python is an added advantage
- Willingness to explore new technologies and unfamiliar concepts in automation, robotics, IIoT, machine vision etc.
- 6+ years’ experience with robotics or automation in industry
- BE/ B. Tech (or higher) in mechanical engineering or related discipline
If you don't see a position matching your skills or interests, you are still welcome to send us a message (along with your resume) explaining your background and why you are interested in being a part of our team.