Lead Software Engineer
Svaya Robotics is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to develop software to make our robots safe, intuitive to train, interact and learn from data and experience. You will work closely with other hardware and firmware engineers to develop scalable and efficient software infrastructure to implement real-time robot control, motion planning algorithms, communication interfaces, safety mechanisms, device interfaces, sensor fusion, logging, and reporting. You will see your ideas translated into actions that matter in real world to make robots that are intelligent, collaborative, and intuitive to work with.
- Develop and implement scalable software to enable efficient implementation of robot control, motion planning, and safety mechanisms.
- Assist with overall software architecture, including designing interfaces and communication between subsystems such as sensors and devices.
- Collaborate with engineers from other disciplines to communicate design priorities and support with quick prototypes and transition successful prototypes to production code.
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews.
Key Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of excellent C/C++ development skills on Linux platforms.
- Knowledge or experience in ROS is a plus.
- Experience with networking protocols and frameworks will be an added advantage.
- Ideal candidate will have strong skills in software architecture and object-oriented design.
- Good understanding of complete software development lifecycle and best practices.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies and build processes.
- Experience working with “software driven” hardware products is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative development environment (Agile-SCRUM) and have experience with software engineering tools (Git, CMake, Cl etc.).
- Willingness to take on new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- BE/ B. Tech (or higher) in computer science or any other engineering discipline (with a demonstrated experience and passion for developing scalable software).
If you don't see a position matching your skills or interests, you are still welcome to send us a message (along with your resume) explaining your background and why you are interested in being a part of our team.