Embedded Systems Engineer
As Embedded Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for development and implementation of embedded firmware that enables Svaya’s robots to be safe, intelligent and reliable. You will work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of hardware and software engineers to efficiently implement ongoing research and ideas into our robot technology platform to support implementation of real-time control software, advanced perception and learning, safety mechanisms, sensor fusion, teleoperation, logging, and analytics infrastructure. You will see your ideas translated into actions that matter in real world to make robots that are intelligent, collaborative, and intuitive to work with.
- Responsible for embedded firmware development for robot controls, safety systems, sensor integration and automation stack.
- You will play a pivotal role in rapidly iterating embedded system concepts, and in helping realize them from lab to real world with utmost reliability.
- Play a pivotal role in design reviews and provide constructive guidance for robust and reliable embedded hardware and firmware engineering.
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, test procedures and code reviews.
Key Skills and Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in embedded firmware and software development
- Solid experience in embedded C/C++ and C#
- Good experience in embedded Linux at the kernel level
- Good understanding of real-time (RTOS) embedded system paradigms such as concurrency, real-time deadlines, mutual exclusion, race conditions, and synchronization issues in embedded systems development is a plus.
- High-level architecture and low-level software design, coding, and test experience
- Experience in micro-controllers / micro-processor firmware programming
- Good experience in communication interfaces: Ethernet, EtherCAT, CAN, RS-232, 422, 485, I2C, SPI, UART etc.
- Strong hardware & software debugging skills (JTAG).
- Experience working in a collaborative software team, applying agile development practices and software engineering tools (Git, CMake, CI, gdb, Jira, Jenkins etc.).
- Willingness to explore new technologies and unfamiliar concepts.
- BE/ B. Tech (or higher) in electrical, electronics & communications engineering or related field.
If you don't see a position matching your skills or interests, you are still welcome to send us a message (along with your resume) explaining your background and why you are interested in being a part of our team.